Strikeforce Adds Masvidal vs. Wilcox & Couture vs. Duarte For July 14 Card

The Strikeforce promotion has added two more bouts to it’s upcoming July 14, 2012 card with a pair of lightweight bouts, Jorge ‘Gamebread’ Masvidal (22-7) is set to meet ‘The Silverback’ Justin Wilcox (11-4, 1NC), while Ryan Couture (4-1) takes on Joe ‘Hybrid’ Duarte (10-2).

Both bouts were made official by the promotion via Twitter (@Strikeforce) on Thursday.

The Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy event is expected to take place on July 14 at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon. The event will feature two title matches as defending middleweight champ Luke Rockhold takes on Tim Kenndy, and undefeated fighter Tyron Woodley meets promotion newcomer Nate Marquardt for the vacant welterweight title.

Masvidal hasn’t fought since last December where he lost a title match to Strikeforce champ Gilbert Melendez by decision. It was his first loss in three bouts which included victories against K.J. Noons and Billy Evangelista.

Wilcox will make his seventh straight appearance in a Strikeforce cage, and he too enters this fight on a loss. ‘The Silverback’ was KO’d by Caros Fodor in just 13-seconds at the same December event last year. Wilcox’s previous match ended in a “No Contest” versus Gesias Cavalcante after an accidental eyepoke, and his last win was a TKO victory versus Rodrigo Damm in April 2011.

Ryan Couture, son of UFC legend Randy Couture, makes enters the fight on a two fight win streak having stopped Conor Heun last March by TKO in the third round. The other win was a majority decision victory versus Maka Watson in September at a Challengers show.

Duarte has won five straight including two under the Strikeforce banner. His most recent bout took place almost a year ago in the main event of a Challengers event versus Jorge Gurgel. At the Las Vegas event, Duarte earned a decision win in a spirited match.

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

18 Responses to Strikeforce Adds Masvidal vs. Wilcox & Couture vs. Duarte For July 14 Card

1. Raymundo Mikolajczyk August 9, 2013 at 12:34 am #

I just want to say I am just all new to weblog and definitely enjoyed this page. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your website . You absolutely come with incredible article content. Thank you for revealing your blog.

2. Payroll Advance Loan August 11, 2013 at 7:21 pm #

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that. :) Work At Home Jobs

3. Dr Oz Garcinia Cambogia August 12, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

Hello, you used to write great, but the last several posts have been kinda boring… I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a bit out of track! come on!

4. page August 15, 2013 at 2:48 am #

It’s hard to come by knowledgeable people about this topic, but you seem like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

5. Taisha Raskey August 15, 2013 at 4:52 pm #

Great write-up, I am regular visitor of oneˇ¦s site, maintain up the nice operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.

6. luxury home builders perth August 16, 2013 at 3:38 am #

Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

7. salopes cherchent hommes à Martigny August 16, 2013 at 7:27 am #

Keep working ,great job!

8. This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like ‘Mixview’ that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you’re listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of “neighbors” will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune “Social” is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

9. in home delivery boston August 16, 2013 at 11:24 am #

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it’ll do even better in those areas, but for now it’s a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod’s strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

10. rent nashville web design August 16, 2013 at 2:27 pm #

11. rate us August 16, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

12. hearing aids September 9, 2013 at 3:13 am #

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass’ favor.

13. guided reading level book list September 9, 2013 at 4:27 am #

14. james January 17, 2014 at 2:46 pm #

I’m impressed, I hardship to declare. In fact rarely achieve I come across a blog that’s apiece educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you will have hit the nail by the head. Your concept is outstanding; the problem is one thing that not enough folks are speaking shrewdly about. I’m same contented that I stumbled throughout this in my seek used for something regarding this.

15. handyman install cabinets January 24, 2014 at 6:30 pm #

76743 208113Hello. magnificent job. I did not anticipate this. This really is a excellent story. Thanks!

16. London Escort January 26, 2014 at 2:07 am #

546924 790990Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our location library but I feel I learned a lot more from this post. I

17. youtube January 27, 2014 at 3:47 am #

976116 840081I like this post, enjoyed this 1 appreciate it for putting up. 335522

18. custom outdoor kitchens January 28, 2014 at 5:12 pm #

662671 764746Very instructive and good bodily structure of subject matter, now that